Monday, February 24, 2014

Topic Today: Food!!!

I have decided to write about a recipe I made not too long ago and I think turned out great.  I made Chicken Parmigiana, I found this recipe on allrecipes.com I use that source a lot for recipes when I'm looking for a new one.  I made this for my boyfriend who loves chicken and he loved it.  I don't even like chicken and I liked it, which definitely says something.  This recipe is relatively cheap and while the serving is only for two you can always double it to make for the family.

The recipe:

Makes 2 servings

Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour

Ingredients:

1 egg, beaten
2 ounces dry bread crumbs (I used shake and bake seasoned bread crumbs & it turned out great)
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
3/4 (16 ounce) jar of spaghetti sauce
2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.

2. Pour egg into a small shallow bowl. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken into egg, then into the bread crumbs. Place coated chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.

3. Pour 1/2 of the spaghetti sauce into a 7x11 inch baking dish. Place chicken over sauce, and cover with remaining sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses on top and return to the preheated oven for 20 minutes.

For sides, I added French cut green beans and bow tie noodles and it was very good. 

Here is what mine turned out like:


No comments:

Post a Comment