Monday, February 17, 2014

The Urge to Run: Mudderella, Color Run, and Relay for Life

So my boyfriend was a cross country runner in high school and really loved it.  I ran track in high school and hated it.  He wants the two of us to start training to run a 5K.  Well that's not so bad so I figured why not, let's do it.  So I've been doing a little research online, to find some stuff out, better ways to exercise and train and such, and I have found a few things that sounds pretty interesting.  First of all, Mudderella, I follow them on Facebook and Instagram and it seems like it would be a lot of fun to do an obstacle course in an insane amount of mud.  But it also seems very hard, for someone like me, who has trouble running a mile with having an asthma attack.  But I'd really like to do it.

Has anyone ever done Mudderella or something like it?  If so feel free to share your experience in the comments. 

I have also heard about the Color Run, which sounds pretty fun as well.  How well will the paint come off though?  Haha, I've heard it can stick around for a while. 

So I'm starting my training with a friend of mine today.  We are going to the gym on our campus and hopefully work up a good sweat.  I don't know exactly how to go about training for either of these races.  I do know one thing for sure, my upper arms need some serious training, I can only do one push-up, its sad, I know.  The worst part is that I played volleyball in high school and continue to play pick-up games and my arm strength is, as I explain it to friends, the equivalent to the strength of cooked spaghetti noodles. 

Race number three is the Relay for Life, which I'm sure so many people already know about.  It is a relay for the fight against cancer that raises money for cancer research.  This one I know that I definitely want to participate in and my friends and I have already talked about being involved in the one that our campus does every year.  I think that this is a great cause and I encourage anyone to get involved with it.  Its a fantastic way to give back and help those in need who are fighting for their lives every single day and to remember those who have lost their battle with cancer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment