Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Movie: 12 Years A Slave


I was able to get extra credit in my history class if I typed up a summary of this movie and brought in the ticket stub.  So I of course went to see it this past weekend.  I have mixed feelings about it. 

I thought the story was compelling and heartwarming, as well as extremely appalling.  As this movie was based off a true story I am amazed at Nothrup's strength throughout the events of his life.  I thought that the acting was fantastic!  The actors and actresses did a phenomenal job of portraying the fear, grief, and pain that the charcters went through.  The awards that this movie won were well deserved.  I would not reccommend this movie to everyone, but I would reccommend this to most and my reason being; I went to see this movie with one of my friends and she did not like it.  So this movie is not for everyone, but it is definitely for most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment